Mrs. Bellows is a business executive with environmental, sustainability, regulatory and business management background and nearly 25 years of experience. Leading teams to deliver projects around carbon capture and sequestration permitting and regulatory changes, environmental justice, and socioeconomic work practices. She is passionate about meeting energy transition goals on a global scale and integrating innovation into the solutions.
Acorn International, Houston, TX 2023 – Chief Operations Officer
Responsibilities include oversight of project delivery, systems and tools improvement, implementation of best practices. Program Manager/ Project Director for key strategic opportunities. Lead business development and execute consulting services with AI’s teams, and oversee day-to-day operations.
Worley, Houston; Various Roles (2015- 2022), Vice President
Lead global team, with Agile/Scrum process, to understand market evolution in ESG, Sustainability and Environmental Solutions. Proposed digital solutions, M&A, and new business entity for a target revenue of $2B in 3 years. Delivered business case presentations to Group Executive Venture Board for US Federal Entity with Department of Energy funding and initiated partner negotiations with peer company. Worked with Venture Capitalist consultant to identify key initiatives to move forward.
Focus on environmental data management and EQuIS, accelerated permitting for large capital projects through AI, purchasing data, and digital platforms; and reducing redundancy for ESG reporting requirements. Established global communities of practice and created a catalyst group for quicker adoption of innovative ideas.
Worley, Onshore Upstream and Midstream Engineering
Led teams through mergers and acquisitions and signiﬁcant growth in business to become a $30MM revenue business unit. Growth: doubled the FTEs and gross margin in one quarter and an order of magnitude in two quarters; Team development priorities include a positive work environment, creating camaraderie, and open dialogue in a caring environment that values diversity of experience and thought; Creating cultural changes to become a more responsive organization within the existing processes; Developed process improvement for obtaining project numbers more quickly and improving proposal turnaround time to client; Responsible for group performance, project delivery, and management of accounts; Team projects include detailed design of pipelines and pump stations for hydrocarbons and produced water, procurement and construction support, and engineering support for technical standards.
Worley, Client Account Manager
Maintained and created relationships with upstream and midstream oil and gas accounts to obtain business opportunities in environmental, engineering, and water treatment and infrastructure; Created local account teams to support downstream businesses in the Houston area.
- Worked with clients by understanding industry problems and providing innovative solutions; maintained relationships by delivering according to expectations
- Created honest relationships and grew businesses beyond plan by executing account strategy
- Coordinated and supported major infrastructure projects for water sourcing, including upgrading a wastewater treatment facility and infrastructure
- Provided benchmarking information across industry to help oil and gas operators keep up with trends and new technologies
Worley, Environmental Program Manager / Operations Leader
Managed an environmental team of 35 employees and ensured workload leveling and mentoring, as well as resource allocation, including hiring and dismissal.
Lead company-wide efforts in developing client-based initiatives for services surrounding new air OOOOa regulations; including internal and external presentations and identifying resources and equipment for FLIR assessments; Provided industry knowledge and technical oversight for annual Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory for upstream oil and gas operator.
- Worked with a conﬁdential client to address concerns in the media regarding baseline sampling, Tracked regulatory changes and created regulatory alerts for distribution to clients, Developed SWPPP for remediation site; Managed SPCC plans and changes for major oil and gas operator
- Worked with plant personnel and conducted Health and Safety gap assessments for major oil manufacturing client; Developed standard JHAs for use by plant
Statoil DPNA SSH (2012-2015) – Environmental Manager
Worked within the Marcellus Asset to advise on environmental compliance with all business lines and create best practices in air, water and waste.
Nominated for the CEO Award: Created ﬁrst Indiana Bat and Northern Long-Eared Bat Habitat Conservation area dedicated by industry in the US in order to maintain drilling rig schedule and secure acreage for construction. Managed work and responses to the Agreed Order of Consent with US EPA for fracking incident in Ohio; submitted Work Plan, managed additional sampling activities, developed monthly progress reports; ensured project schedules.
- Negotiated closure of legacy violations with Army Corps of Engineers, Ohio EPA, and Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources, and US EPA
- Ensured compliance with internal air initiatives and external regulations; conducted FLIR assessments at ﬁve different types of facilities across the Marcellus region; submitted and maintained air permits for compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines; managed and submitted annual greenhouse gas emissions inventory.
- Brought proactive mitigations to the Marcellus Management Committee through presentation for evaluation and approval; projects included Creating Stream Banks to offset future impacts; Post-Drill groundwater sampling, Emergency Spill Response for areas near drinking water; Post-Drill groundwater sampling programs reviewed and discussed with Marcellus management committee; creating pad risk location tool to identify which projects may require additional mitigations
- Presented environmental topics and projects for discussion, included Waste Minimization and Incident Update to all of US Onshore group, Environmental Field Training, Post-Drill Groundwater Sampling, Environmental Awareness presented both internally and externally (IADC and STEPS) in discussion formats
- Corporate Social Responsibility asset representative, included semi-annual meetings for responsible spending, development and listing of issues for screening, and participation in stakeholder engagements
- Maintained compliance with new regulations and informed internal stakeholders of changing impacts and schedule delays
- Emergency Response Environmental Unit Leader; participated in emergency response for Ohio Operations Incident, including advising ﬁeld teams on sampling locations, and networking with agencies
Bellows Health and Safety Consulting, LLC (2007-2015) – Owner and Principal
Health and Safety Consulting: Worked with clients to address OSHA citations/ violations, reported progress to agencies on developed timelines, reduced the am5ount owed in monetary ﬁnes, reduced penalty severity and ensured each case was closed; Audited facilities for compliance with OSHA regulations; Coordination and execution of Health and Safety Programs, and developed Corporate Safety Plans including HAZWOPER, Haz Com, Conﬁned Space, Respiratory Protection, Electrical Safety and LOTO, etc., ensured effective Aided clients in submittals to PEC Premier and ISNetworld, composed Health and Safety Manuals that are US RAVS veriﬁed, ensured implementation of program compliance, implementation through site audits and progress reports, developed safety incentive programs and safety committees to maintain effective program.
Training: developed client-speciﬁc training courses in English or Spanish, instructed courses as a subcontractor, taught most OSHA required safety courses, including HAZWOPER, 10/30 Hour for Construction and General Industry, UST A/B Initial and Refresher, Excavation Safety, Conﬁned Space, etc. NCCER Safety Certiﬁed, ZII Leader Certiﬁed.
Enrichment Lecturer for College of the Mainland, Risk Management Institute- 8-hour sessions included Hazardous Waste Management, Basic Safety, Hazardous Waste Operations, and Keeping Your Contractors Safe.
Environmental Consulting: Developed and maintained environmental plans and reporting for Hazardous Waste Minimization, SPCC, Construction and Manufacturing SWPPPs and NOI’s, addressed TCEQ violations, audited facilities for compliance with EPA and TCEQ regulations, Created compliance calendar, Conducted Phase I ESAs, Conducted some business as subcontractor for larger companies; Provided Expert Witness written opinion in a case involving emergency response services.
Texas A&M University – Masters of Science, Geological Oceanography
Texas A&M University – Bachelors of Science, Environmental Science
1801 Main St, Suite 1300
Houston, TX 77002, USA
1213 Purchase St
New Bedford, MA 02740, USA